Making an Appeal

One can appeal against a county court judgment (CCJ) in the small claims court only if the court made an error in a legal sense or there was a serious irregularity in the court proceedings.

To appeal, one must file a notice of appeal within 21 days. A fee is payable although this could be waived in cases of financial hardship.

If you want to appeal against a decision in the small claims track, you should consult a solicitor or an experienced adviser for example, at a Citizens Advice Bureau. To search for details of your nearest CAB, including those that can give advice by email

Legal page last ppdated on January 24, 2017

Was this post helpful?